Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter
VIP Escape Competitions Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) operate skill-based prize competitions resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms via our website https://vipescapecompetitions.
2. The competition
2.1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions listed on the promoters website www.vipescapecompetitions.com.
2.2. All competitions are skill based competitions, entrants can pay a fee to enter or enter via our free postal entry option.
2.3. You can win any of our prizes by paying to enter our competitions and correctly answering a timed multiple choice question with a range of potential answers, which will be drawn from a database of answers and be different on each entry.
3. How to enter
3.1. Each of our competitions will run over a specified period (“Promotion Period(s)”) from the time and date upon which entries can be submitted by entrants 02-06-2021 00:01am to a specified time and date after which entries cannot be submitted and upon which they close 29-06-2021 inclusive. Please see each competition for details of their specific Opening Date, Closing Date and Promotion Period.
3.2. At our sole discretion, we may waive a requirement to pay a fee to enter a competition through the provision of voucher codes or credits provided through a promotional scheme, and any such entries will have the same status as a paid entry, but will not count towards any minimum number of paid entries.
3.3. All competition entries and entry fee payments must be received by us through our site by no later than the specified time on the relevant Closing Date during the relevant Promotion Period. All competition entries received after that time and date are automatically disqualified. We reserve the right to bring forward any Closing Date in the event of our having received the minimum number of paid entries equivalent to the cash value of the relevant prize. The maximum number of entries will be stated on the on the competition page and the number of entries may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
3.4. To enter our competitions, you will need to create an online account via our website, pay the relevant fee to submit your entry and correctly answer the multiple choice question provided on our site within the time limit by the specified time on the relevant Closing Date. There is no charge to register to use our site.
3.5. There will be no refund made where the entrant has not answered the qualifying question correctly and all entry fees made in connection with incorrect applications will be retained by us. We shall be under no obligation to refund entry fees in any circumstances.
3.6. All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will be disqualified and refunds will not be given.
3.7. Once your payment has cleared, we will contact you via the e-mail address provided when creating an online account via our site to confirm your entry into the relevant competition. Payment of any fee to enter our Competitions will be processed by Trust Payments, subject to Trust Payments terms and conditions available to view by following the link on the relevant payment page. Any such fees must be received by us in pounds sterling only, and if you make payment in a different currency, the amount you pay in that currency may have currency exchange and international transfer charges added. All payments received are held by Trust Payments and will be released to VIP Escapes Competitions Limited after 14 days.
3.8. You agree that, by entering any of our competitions by answering the timed multiple choice question referred to in clause 2 above, you are exercising skill, judgment or the application of general knowledge in order to submit a correct entry and proceed to the random draw referred to in clause 3.8 below.
3.9. We will not accept:
(a) any responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or delay in postal service; or
(b) any written applications to enter which are illegible, damaged or defective; or
(c) proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to any competition.
3.10. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms, including (without limitation) clause 5 and conditions and confirm that you have legal capacity to do so.
3.11. For help with entries, please contact support@
3.12. The winner of any of our competitions will be drawn at random from all correct entries using a Google random number selector by live online draw broadcast to be viewed at Facebook live on a date specified following the competition ending. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the draw of any competition takes place at random, but will not be required to comply with any particular standard (other than any proscribed by applicable legislation, including (without Limitation) the Gambling Act 2005) in this regard.
4. Free Entry Option
4.1. There is also the option to enter our competitions free of charge and answering any qualifying question by sending your full name, address, date of birth, email address and contact telephone number, and answer to the question featured on the competition page of the website to VIP Escape Competitions Ltd, Clifton House, Clifton Road, Blackpool, Lancs, FY4 4QF.
If your entry is valid, written in English and legible a ticket number will be allocated to you and you will be entered into the competition draw under the following qualifying terms:
1. Only one number per postal entry received will be allocated. Bulk entries in one envelope will be counted as one entry.
2. Entries by post must be received 48 hours before the competition closes online.
3. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
4. Free entries are limited to the maximum number of tickets available per user on each individual competition.
5. VIP Escape Competitions will not acknowledge receipt of your entry or confirm if your answer is correct.
6. Hand delivered entries will not be accepted.
7. Postal entries are processed daily at 5pm. If the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
8. Entrants MUST have an active account on our website at the time the postal entries are processed, all details on postcards MUST match the name and address on the account to which they are to be added.
5.1. The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
5.2. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter will require you to provide proof that you are over 18 and are eligible to enter the competition.
5.3. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
5.4. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5.5. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5.6. Competition entries cannot be returned and entry fees will not be refunded.
6. The prize
6.1. The prize is described in full on the website “the prize” and is true to the best of the Promoters knowledge, information and belief, correct at the time of the opening date.
6.2. The prize is provided by VIP Escape Competitions Ltd, Clifton House, Clifton Road, Blackpool, Lancs, FY4 4QF. Once the prize is supplied to the winner, no product guarantees and warranties are supplied and any such claims would need to be made to the product manufacturer(s).
6.3. Prizes are subject to availability. VIP Escape Competitions Ltd reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if prizes are unavailable. The website will be updated to reflect this as soon as reasonably possible.
6.4. The prize may be supplied by a third party supplier. Details of any supplier will be provided on the competition page.
6.5. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
6.6. Some competitions may have a cash alternative prize on offer. The winner can choose to accept the cash alternative instead of the prize. The winner must notify the promoter by email if they wish to accept the cash prize alternative.
6.7. Details of delivery of the prize or prizes or collection information will be available on the competition page on the website.
7.1. The winner will be selected at random with the prize draw to be held live on Facebook at a time notified by the Promoter.
7.2. The Promoter shall use Google Random Number Generator to select the winner and it will be possible for all entrants to view the prize draw live and in real time. The promoter is not in any way liable for technical issues when delivering the live draw through Facebook live.
7.3. Once a winner has been randomly selected we will contact the winner of any competition personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using phone number or email address provided with the competition entry. We will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted. In the event that we are unable to contact a winner or the winner does not claim the prize within 14 days, the promoter reserves the right to re-draw the competition and select a new winner.
7.4. The winner of each of our competitions will be announced on our site within 7 days of the relevant Closing Date.
7.5. A list of winners can be viewed on our site from the Announcement Date for a period of fourteen days.
7.7. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by email at support@
8. Claiming the prize
8.1. You are responsible for providing us with accurate, current and complete contact details when submitting an entry into any of our competitions.
8.2. If you are the winner of a prize, you will have seven (7) days from the Announcement Date to claim the prize via the process set out above. If you do not claim any prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
8.3. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
8.4. We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner of each of our competitions. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within seven (7) days of the Announcement Date, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the relevant Closing Date.
8.5. We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim or take up any prize, and we accept no liability for our failure or inability to make contact with any winner due to any inaccuracy, omission or error in the contact details provided with the relevant entry.
8.6. Proof of ID (Passport, Birth Certificate or Driving License) will be required upon claiming the prize as confirmation of winner and also proof of age. Persons under the age of 18 are unable to receive prizes.
8.7. Prizes include delivery to the UK Mainland. There may be delivery/ shipping charges (at cost) if you reside in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands or Scottish Islands. In this case we will contact you to arrange delivery and payment. We may in some instances, at our discresion offer a cash alternative via bank transfer if convinient.
9. Limitation of liability
9.1. We make no representation or guarantee and provide no warranty as to the value, condition, history, suitability or any other matter relating to any prize relating to any of our competitions.
9.2. Our liability to each entrant of any of our competitions is limited to the value of any fees paid by the entrant to enter the relevant competition. Insofar as is permitted by law, VIP Escapes Competitions Limited, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence, that of our agents or distributors or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9.3. We accept no liability for any error or omissions in the description of any prize on our site, and you recognise that it is the responsibility of any entrant and the winner to carry out their own enquiries in that regard.
9.4. We shall have no liability to any entrant who may win one of our competitions but who is then subsequently unable to accept the prize for any reason out of our control.
9.5. We shall have no liability to any entrant who may win a holiday prize through one of our competitions but who may be unable to take up the holiday as a result of Covid 19 pandemic or any government directive which prevents overseas travel.
10. Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
10.1. All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
10.2. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
(a) assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights,
in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
10.3. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
11. Data protection and publicity
The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the policy to be found at https://www.
12.1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
12.2. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend any of our competitions or any relevant entry method, system or mechanic where it becomes necessary to do so, including (without limitation) to ensure that our competitions comply in full with the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005, Data Protection Act 2018 or any other relevant legislation, regulation or best practice guidance.
12.3. The competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the competitions.
12.4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Website Users Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Vip Escape Competitions ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Vip Escape Competitions ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Vip Escape Competitions Ltd
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Vip Escape Competitions ltd for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Vip Escape Competitions ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Vip Escape Competitions ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Vip Escape Competitions ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Vip Escape Competitions ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Vip Escape Competitions ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Vip Escape Competitions ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Vip Escape Competitions ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Vip Escape Competitions ltd details
- Vip Escape Competitions ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number Vip Escape Competitions ltd whose registered address is VIP Escape Competitions Ltd, Clifton House, Clifton Road, Blackpool, Lancs, FY4 4QF and it operates the Website https://www.
vipescapecompetitions.com. The registered company number is 12920942.